Saturday 4 May 2013

Back in the Blogosphere!

Sometimes I really hate the use of the rollercoaster as a metaphor for life. But it really is fitting! I HATE rollercoasters. I hate surprises (not knowing how many eggs are brewing inside of me). I hate not being having things go to plan. How funny then, that my rollercoaster has led me here.
This has been an absolutely chaotic week! I didn’t think I could see the light of this week at the end of the tunnel. But I found it.
There were anxieties over whether or not I had stuffed up my injections for this IVF cycle. Stress over finding out I’m doing a four day transfer and not a five day. And then, Instagram decided to link to my Facebook and notify people that I had joined it under my private username. Thanks Instagram!
I’m not ashamed to be doing IVF. I don’t tell everyone either though. If someone asked me and I felt that I could trust them, I would tell them the truth. But like they say ‘be careful who you open up to. Only a few people care. The rest are just curious.’ And this is true beyond any doubt. I deleted my old blog as well. I thought I’d saved most of my posts but it turns out I hadn’t. While I’m happy to tell most people about what we’re going through, I know there’s people out there who don’t really care and are just nosey. That’s fine. But I don’t wish to share the intimates of this with those kind of people.
As for the high side of this week. I triggered tonight for this IVF cycle! At 9:10pm. Retrieval is at 9:10am Monday morning, May 6. So 35 hours away. After the turmoil of this week, I have come out this end feeling good. Feeling positive. I’m excited for retrieval and I’m excited for a few days bed rest. I had intense pain last time, and I’m preparing for it again. But it’s the perfect excuse to laze around in bed and have my wonderful husband wait on me. He loves it. No seriously, he understands that with IVF, he has it quite easy in terms of the physicality’s. Although, if I have to hear about how hard it is to ejaculate in a cup one more time, I may hit him over the head with a cushion. Men!
I had an amazing Acupuncture session as well. It involved a nap and leaving feeling so much better than when I walked in. Wish I had discovered Acupunture sooner!
According to bloods and ultrasound, I have quite a few follicles in there. I am hoping that there are eggs in most! I can’t wait to wake up from the anaesthetic and see the number on my hand, as long as there is a number of some sort!
So in summary, it’s been a weird, weird week. But it’s a new week tomorrow and a big and exciting one at that! I’m scared but I’m ready!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. YAYYYY!!! Yay to a new beginning with the blog and with egg retrieval coming soon!! Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing that IG linked to FB. I totally respect your wishes too~ we are very open about it to everyone but I'd rather not broadcast totally to evvvveryone I know either. Good luck on Monday morning!! Can't wait to see how it goes!! xoxo! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, lovely! I am still so annoyed with that whole FB thing, these social sites cross boundaries too often! But I am glad you got it all sorted out. :)

    ReplyDelete