Friday 10 May 2013

PUPO

Yep, I'm officially 'pregnant until proven otherwise'!!! And it feels...fantastic! 

Transfer was today and it went perfectly! It was a day 4 transfer, which definitely had me worried at first, but all worry has gone. My clinic do them all the time and have research to show it's most successful for them. I really just need to trust them more. At day 4, an embryo is at the Morula stage. They are looking for a compacting Morula which is almost at the Blastocyst stage. Given a few hours, it would become a Blastocyst.

So, we transferred our one beautiful compacting Morula. We also have 3 embryos to freeze and depending on how some others go, there may be a few more. We will know more tomorrow! We are ecstatic with this result! We now have a total of 4 frozen embryos waiting to be defrosted and become our babies! 

I had Acupuncture before and after my transfer. The session before is very much to create a pleasant environment for the embryo. It settles the uterus and stops it from contracting. The session afterwards is basically a pre implantation technique and also a relaxant! I have never done Acupuncture for IVF support, so I'll be interested to see if it is one of the supporting factors in a successful outcome for us! Either way, I'm a firm believer in the power of Acupuncture. The plan is to get my husband there soon and see if he sees results in Soren count. My Acupuncturist says it works! I also spoke to him about the pollutants and other worldly factors that seem to be affecting men's sperm. Plastics & chemicals in particular. I think, I might look in to de-poisoning our lives. Using natural cleaners and glass instead of plastic. Eating organically. I definitely need to do more research in to this but it's on my to do list!

So now we wait! We have done everything we can do. I'm hoping to have a stress less 12 days until my blood test (not likely). We are so ready for this, we want that BFP so badly it hurts!




2 comments:

  1. So happy for you both!!! You deserve this!! I'm SO glad you have relaxed and have become more positive and comfortable with the day 4 transfer. I know how upset you were last week but so so glad you aren't now. Every place is different and has their own way of doing things. If it works for them, so be it. :) It's in their hands as the professionals. I'll be thinking of you each day for the 2WW!! I want to get something out to you and hope to try and run to the store tomorrow so I can get to the post office this week! I have NO idea how long it takes mail to get to Australia, but we shall find out!! :) Hang in there, sweetie!! <3

    PS~ I think you have helped decrease my anxiety about acupuncture, so much that I think I would like to try it when the time comes (maybe early fall before things get going!). If so I'll see if Scott is willing too. <3

    ReplyDelete